jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you plan to travel this holiday season? If so how long a trip day week etc.

1. mimind profile image58
    mimindposted 7 years ago

Do you plan to travel this holiday season? If so how long a trip day week etc.

2. profile image51
    Michaela Bposted 7 years ago

There is a possibility I may be spending a few days in Manhattan just after the holidays, but it's really up in the air.

3. gmmurgirl profile image82
    gmmurgirlposted 7 years ago

Yes, I plan to travel to one of the beautiful provinces in the Philippines -- Bohol. I'm looking forward to spending a week there. Thanks!

4. HSanAlim profile image67
    HSanAlimposted 7 years ago

Some of our family will travel. For the most part travel will be within a 2 hour time span on the U.S. Interstate highway system. One of our family will travel from Indonesia to Seattle. This is a 20 hour trip consisting of one 2 hour flight, one 5 hour flight and one 12 hour flight. Now that is what I call holiday travel.

The trip to the USA will involve a stay of several weeks to months. The other trips will be day trips, over over weekends at most.

In past years several of the family would have made the trip to the USA for the holidays. Now the price of tickets is almost double what it was 5 years ago; the result is travel is cut for our family by almost 75%.

Another complaint is that the price of tickets, if you want to pay in cash is at least double that of using credit cards on line. Other restrictions also make flying quite tiresome.

5. mimind profile image58
    mimindposted 7 years ago

Wow it seems that with that traveling is getting to be difficult as least long trips I hear going out of country with security many places has made it harder and people now plan farther ahead then they use to.

6. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 7 years ago

I will be heading to Vietnam soon! And I always head back home to Malaysia when I have time... http://hubpages.com/hub/Off-the-Beaten- … h-Malaysia

7. joleenruffin profile image57
    joleenruffinposted 7 years ago

I am not planning on traveling this holiday season. I'll be inside my house where it's warm and cozy.