What's your best Christmas Eve memory?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 14 months ago

What's your best Christmas Eve memory?

Some Christmas Eve memories are very special. Since 2016 was not the happiest of years, share some precious memories that will lift our spirits.

2. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 14 months ago

That is a really hard one to say because after my brother got married to a wife from a big wonderful Catholic family, our little family really had no choice except to celebrate on Christmas Eve so they could attend the really huge gathering for Christmas dinner at his in-laws. But as I thought back to my childhood, I remembered that our extended family used to gather at the beautifully decorated home of my uncle and his wife for Christmas dinner, so we could have Santa Claus later at our own homes. Those were the most wonderful Christmas Eves in my life, and it would be hard to pick any one. Auntie cooked a great meal, and the rest of the women folk added a little pot luck. The pies and cakes were stupendous and we ate to the bustin' point. Then we all gathered around the Christmas tree and opened gifts. Every child got a gift from every adult, so we kids all went home with quite a haul. The adults drew names, the women drew ladies's names and the men drew men's names. By the time we grew up the family had dwindled. Death and moving to other states took their toll. Yep, those were the days