jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is your best Christmas Memory?

1. Docmo profile image92
    Docmoposted 5 years ago

What is your best Christmas Memory?

Christmas is a time for families and friends, reunions and remembrances, gifts of joy. What is your best Christmas memory thus far?

2. Suzie HQ profile image94
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

Hard to pick one for sure but I think mine would be the year we spent Christmas in New Zealand. Both my grandfather's had passed away that year and my parents wanted to do something different and something memorable.We went on a trip around the world starting in LA for 3 days, then New Zealand were we spent a month. My dad's best friend had emigrated 30 years before and dad had always wanted to to go and see him there. It was an incredible trip we had and having Christmas day in warm sunshine around a pool was quite different!! It was a memorable 6 week trip we had as a family finished off with celebrating New Year's Eve in Singapore. A once in a lifetime trip I will always treasure.

1. Docmo profile image92
      Docmoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds wonderful and a truly eye opening trip. Your parents have set a benchmark for memorable trips...

3. JayeWisdom profile image93
    JayeWisdomposted 5 years ago

When I was a nine-year-old only child desperately wishing for siblings, my mother chose that Christmas Eve to tell me my extra "Christmas present" would be delayed until summer--a baby brother or sister!  Everything else paled for me with that announcement, and that Christmas Eve is imprinted on my mind as very special.

4. JezDramaQueen profile image60
    JezDramaQueenposted 5 years ago

The whole family at my house when i was little including my grandparents who sadly are no longer with me, but then they were happy and everyone was having a great time chattin, laughing, and joking and generally being part of what I feel christmas is about : Family being together in one place xx

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

My favorite memory was when the entire extended family visited my grandmother's house and an ice storm occurred. It was the first time I ever saw snow. The power went out, and most of us slept in sleeping bags near the fireplace. The next door neighbers were out of town when a tree crashed into their home, yet I used ice like a microphone reporting to an invisible camera everything that had happened.

6. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 5 years ago

I have to answer this question with the funniest Christmas memory, Doc.  Back in the early 1970's, my brother, who is 3 1/2 years younger than I, requested Cheech and Chong's 'Big Bamboo' album.  Our folks always got us what we wanted and then some.  That particular Christmas, my dad's parents spent Christmas with us.  They were Polish immigrants and had absolutely no sense of humor.

Little did my parents know that this particular album had an album sized rolling paper in the sleeve!  Boy, I'll tell you what, when my brother pulled that out of the sleeve in order to play the album the you-know-what hit the fan!

I will remember that Christmas until the day I die!  Too funny!