jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Yuletide

1. luvpassion profile image60
    luvpassionposted 6 years ago

I have recieved several e-mails concerning the Yule.

It is okay IMO for Wiccans to celebrate Christmas.

Yuletide is the reason for the season the winter solstice  (which this year falls on 21 December at 7:22 pm EST),. Did you know that the Christmas was actually a pagan holiday.

Celebrate the Yule season! It was pagans who first put up a "yule" tree and decorated it and gave presents to our loved ones.

We are celebrating the Solsitice and saying good bye to the past year and welcoming the new. Look up "Yuletide" in any search engine and you will learn alot!!

Happy Yule and Blessed Be!!! smile

1. home witch profile image87
      home witchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for posting this - it is so important to let people know that Yule was originally a pagan holiday. People seem to forget their roots, or at least, do not bother to do any research into the past. So this is good.

luvpassionposted 6 years agoin reply to this

MM HW While being outspoken is frowned on by many of my sisters, I like to share with others not in my circle...Happy Yule, or Merry Christmas. smile

2. Reality Bytes profile image90
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago

Happy Yule smile

luvpassionposted 6 years agoin reply to this

And you RB...and to all the same...Whatever you believe.

The sun sleeps longest at this time and rises bright above the line where earth and heavans gate combine to draw the heart and calm the mind. Behold the light that can never die
      Reborn anew in the Solstice Sky!

Blessing to all. smile

1. Reality Bytes profile image90
        Reality Bytesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have been Pagan for around 30 years.  smile

working