A Little Help For Writers With Lack of Inspiration
A week ago a fellow writer was asking for help on one of our FaceBook "forums," and I suggested ideas and... thought of breaking it down a little more. Nothing wrong with reaching out our fellow hubbers and give them that extra push.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
Depends on your background. We love science and History, and every now and then drop a piece of Poetry, that can help us to stay focus. Most Poems will stay at the 65-80 score. Depending on how catchy the title is.
BUT STILL, SOMETIMES I DON'T GET ANY INSPIRATION!
Some will agree that not every day we will have that magic wand to write like the mighty Gods from Olympus. At this point you need to walk away from this screen from hours to some days. You don't need to get burnt at the door of inspiration. Why they say, or tell us to walk away? Your brain needs that extra oxygen that you won't get by being seated here stuck on one sentence. Ernest Hemingway secret was the sea and fishing. After a good catch and his cigar, he was ready to write non stop. And if you check his novels, most of them are actual experiences around the environment.
BUT STILL, THERE ARE DAYS THAT I CANNOT COME UP WITH NOTHING!(Geez!)
We recommend to check your dieting too. Might sound funny, but at certain age, we might need that Omega 3-6-9 fish oil. if you love to jog and take your dogie for a walk that might help a little. Our brain is like a car: Needs that oil, gas and the rest of fluids. We need to be comfortable in writing about our inspiration of the day.
- Do your SEO about the title and specific words like "How to," or "The best..ever"
- If you leave the title and a few sentences written for 24-48 hours, your score will go up. Google will crawl over it and will settle with HP's algorithm on a score.
- Do your spellchecking as you go. This way by the time you are done, you won't need much effort in double checking.
- Write about an article you are passionate about. It really depends on what you are good at.
- Again, you get stuck half way? Google it and get those extra couple of words to patch that thought seamlessly.
- HP recommends variety in your work. Recipes, how to's and household items do well
- When writing about an specific topic or word, go to Google and look for its synonym. This way you won't have to be repeating the same word. Besides your brain will branch out with more ideas. HOME...HOUSE...DWELLING...
- Be careful in choosing the picture that will appear at the beginning of your presentation. Some sites give them for free, others will ask you to give them the credit. Check MissOlive's hub on how to get quality pics for free, from renown sites.
- leave this desk for a while
- watch a movie or just your songs
- Go out and have fun
- this way you will take some pressure
- Open the Bible at any versicle... read it.
- Sum up your interests in 3 words
- Finally write about what you like
MORE SUGGESTIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU--This is it!
- Check the Calendar and the holidays. It's February and this means you can write about love and cupid. How about that Fudge recipe? Or places you went for a vacation. Do you have those original pics?
- Not that you and me are religious to death, but Opening a page on the Bible and pointing your finger at a word, might help you to come up with a hub. Remember that the Book of Books has a structure that has been written by Savvy people. Is full of emotions of those times and still can touch lives. So, that, ''The lord is my Shepperd" sentence can give you that extra push.
- Some hubbers start with what they love to write about, then they see if a Halloween story applies to February, of course not. Saint Nicholas and Friday the thirteen movie will have to wait.
- We all need to read about something interesting that can keep us seated for over those critical 3 minutes. After that, AdSense will score you another touch down!! Did you follow me all these time? Thanks for the kudos!
- The last chance is to pray to your own Guardian Angel or Saint, because we just gave you that tiny little insignificant help.
What do these hubbers write about? How about you?
- Simone is our delightful geek, so she can write about anything, even on how to date your own laptop
- Mary Audet goes for the household items and practically everything.
- RealhouseWife checks her studies on Dreams
- Dave Mathews wants to save our souls
- Wonderful1 Sheila is still waiting for us on Southern Cal for a HP meeting, so she writes about relationships
- Our read head Ardie, goes for the funny words and how to scare you when you open your front door to her.
- Epigramman, wants to steal our ladies, by writing awesome poetry
- Vincent, Kenny Moore, wakes up at nights to write riveting poems
- TammySwallow, does good with 'quaking stories' and how to get divorced in less time than your ex thought. She is a paralegal.
- SilverGenes, goes for the Conics and her Photo tutorials to pre schooling and her Scottish side of my family regarding recipes.
- AEvans, well, she is busy at the Forums right now....shh!
- Cagsil is a different story. He can advise us on how to be better at this trade...and be banned and not letting us know!
- Daisy Mariposa writes personal narratives and articles on a wide variety of subjects.
- Just ask Susan is a pearl of a mom! Susan is a published poet and short story writer currently working as a freelance. She can cook though
- For Eidween, Writing is also so therapeutic and has helped her to learn to live with tragedies that have occurred in her life.
- Alocsin, goes from percentages..to more percentages. He can measure your score like no other. Same way when measure the temperature of our coffee.
- Sunshine625 captivates her friends with her awesomeness, right EfferJ?
- Jennifer Essary is a jack of all trades; from massage therapist to an environmental science degree, She has explored aquatic ecology, soil toxicology, and analytical chemistry. Yikes!
- JinnyMarte is more into Poetry... creating an infinite range of dreams undefined from her self Point of view.
- Debby Brooks is a sweet girl inside the woman. Writer of poems, and love stories, plus fiction.
- Gypsy Rose Lee is our eloped Ambassador to Latvia. She writes about anything but, her two greatest passions are writing about interesting things and poetry.
- Vinaya Ghimire have studied Creative Writing, attended Photography Course, and cultivated crops. So his topics are wide.
- Phyllis Doyle is very passionate about writing. She has been writing poems and stories since her earlier years.
- Molometer, just 4 months in here but with a solid background. H e can teach us how to make money from writing online, (things that actually work) to the latest in aircraft technology and the odd photographic essay, on old villages in England; not to mention a brief introduction to Oliver Cromwell. OMG!
- Mary615 had many careers: Medical Technology, Insurance and Real Estate, Car Saleslady, Food Technology, Nail Tech.,Call Center Agent to dog groomer. She can fill her hubs with pictures..and more pictures...!
- Sunnie Day, She is our lady from Texas. She is like the teacher we neve had. Willing to listen to us and give us that candy as a reward. She can write about anything
- MissOIive, another Teacher and respectable colleague. She can understand our Spanish. She is good with her tutorials. Hi!
- AlwaysExploring, does that. A retired nurse, she can write from poetry to fiction. She is onto fitness and love music.
- JTWalters. She has it wit DC...warning! Not AC/DC. She is very political and might run for president in 2016.
- RACINIWA, She sighs..and wonders..and sighs..! A wonderful teacher from Cebu, she can write Poetry and non fictional hubs like addiction and... about her students. She is an Educator by Profession.
- Alecia Murphy, She is a lifelong pop culture junkie/student. She enjoys different aspects of pop culture from Music to ESPN. She doesn't get bored writing, she is passionate about it.
- Thought-Sandwiches brings an eclectic and polyglot (yes, redundant) range of interests seeded from long time ago by a teacher that saw the light pilot sign in his mind, even though the light was broken. He shall attempt to exorcise those demons planted long ago by that caring English teacher.
- And the rest bear with us. This hub would take longer...and we need to do our laundry
- THANKS! Sorry!