jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How to cultivate a Good Voice?

1. viewfinders profile image53
    viewfindersposted 5 years ago

“Your voice is a reflection of your personality” so I think everyone should understand their own voice and if there is any fault you should improve it.

For example if we dress very well and don’t care about your voice or speak the whole impact of your personality is lost. It is the verbal presentation which makes a long lasting impression. The quality of voice and type of speech indicates our education, upbringing our class and education.

Share your techniques to improve voice

1. hi friend profile image60
      hi friendposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Practicing music daily will improve your voice a lot.  Also reading books and newspapers aloud to have a better result.

viewfindersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks hi friend for your comment.
        its good to do like it,but you should read the words in write way.otherwise its not good for u

2. Tusitala Tom profile image79
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

I have a book in my possession which deals specifically with your question.   It is called, "How To Say It with Your Voice," and is written by a Jeffrey Jacobi.   ISBN 0-13-103664-5   It is, according to the blurb on the front  "A celebrated Fortune 500 speech coach shows you how to develop a dynamic speaking style that projects power, confidence and persuasiveness."

Quite frankly, I have been using some of the excercises in this book for the past fourteen months.  I do believe it has helped.   I do a great deal of public speaking and - especially since I started this practice - have had quite a number of people say that they like my voice.   Something which didn't happen quite as often before I started.

So, I recommend this book to you if you're serious about improving how you sound.

viewfindersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks for suggesting a book,and sharing your experience.
      Actually i have improvred my voice and speech with the help of tips suggested  by Aruna. Anyway i will try to buy the book recommended by you.
      thanks

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I think honesty plays a big part in presenting oneself also. People will know quickly if you know or don't know, what you're talking about lol so, I'd rather 'speak' with honesty rather than try to deceive others. Just my view.

viewfindersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks for sharing your thoughts and ya its also a reason to improve your speech. keep speak in a right way which you think to be honest.
      thanks again

4. watergeek profile image91
    watergeekposted 4 years ago

Good question. I sing and have for years - not classical, but easy listening and old soft rock. And I harmonize. But I know other singers who don't have a nice speaking voice like I've been told I do. I also used to read stories to kids and play with parts and different voice sounds. I think the key is just to pay attention. Wait . . . ok, I remember.

Record your voice. Yeah. Record it and then practice modulating it to sound the way you want it to and still be comfortable. You'd be surprised what kind of impact hearing your voice on tape can make.

viewfindersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks for your suggestion, ya its better to record our voice to modulate to a good one...
      great tip

working