jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Rising score v.s. falling traffic

1. wayne barrett profile image75
    wayne barrettposted 4 years ago

I noticed a hub that I just posted earlier this week shot toward the top of my list according to score, while at the same time, a blue down arrow appeared next to it indicating low traffic. I don't usually pay much attention to either, but noticing this happen simultaneously has me perplexed. Any ideas on how this could be?

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Dearest Wayne, it is perplexing indeed, but what I have come to understand just from watching such, the blue arrow just means that your traffic is not as much as it was the first couple of days after you publish, as everyone is coming on there to read your newly published hub. So, it doesn't mean your hub is no longer still great, it just means they are noticing the traffic has slowed since you first published it.  I initially thought that same thing that there is something wrong or something, but they are putting the blue down arrow because it is true, that compared to that day you published to this day, you are not getting as much traffic, which is the natural flow of things around here on HP.  No need to worry, as this is how it works with all of us.  Have a lovely Sunday.

2. wayne barrett profile image75
    wayne barrettposted 4 years ago

Thanks Faith. I just thought it was odd that it jumped up on the list but was supposedly receiving low traffic. I am also trying to find out if there is any correlation to a story I heard on Facebook; that if someone votes you down for whatever reason that you will get the blue down arrow. I understand how low traffic works, but what does happen if someone gives you a thumbs down?

1. bravewarrior profile image96
      bravewarriorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wayne, as Faith said, the blue arrow simply means traffic has slowed down from a previous point.  As far as thumbs down, I can't imagine anyone giving anything you've written a thumbs down!

2. Faith Reaper profile image88

Oh, now I do not think that would affect you getting the blue arrow, as that is a separate issue, as far as I know, but I do not know much.  LOL

3. kathryn1000 profile image59
    kathryn1000posted 4 years ago

Even odder many of my posts have got higher ratings after I unpublish them as I put them on my blog sometimes and cannot do both!!

1. Faith Reaper profile image88

Oh, yes, I have experienced that too, as I have unpublished a couple of hubs just because and the score on those unpublished hubs goes way up into the 80s.  I entered one of billybuc's contests and decided I really did not like my hub, and unpublished it, and it kept going up and up!  LOL  I thought, well, maybe I should have left it, although I was I who was not pleased.  I still have it, and may just may make it  a bit more of dramatic piece and republish, but then the score will most likely drop.  LOL  There is no reasoning behind it, as it seems?  I know that the "bots" that crawl at night in the system at HP, record all activity and that is how the score goes up and down, but how can it go up and down on a hub that is unpublished?  That's just what I was told my another hubber.

1. cleaner3 profile image76
        cleaner3posted 4 years ago in reply to this

scores and traffic ... bots and cots.. hubs and flubs.. all of you great hubbers keep writing t5hose great hubs and quit worrying about those things we can not control .. you are all great writers ..so write my friends .. write..!!!!

1. wayne barrett profile image75
          wayne barrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Michael. I was scratching my head for a minute there looking at your profile name, but finally realized that you just changed your pic.

2. kathryn1000 profile image59
          kathryn1000posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Michael is 100 per cent right

4. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image62
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 4 years ago

Wayne I have no idea. My hub score rocks to a beat of its own. I gave up trying to figure it out.

working