jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Fiction vs Nonfiction?

1. rdsparrowriter profile image60
    rdsparrowriterposted 4 years ago

What are the differences between fiction and nonfiction novels? Are there any similarities? Thanks.

2. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Novels are fiction.

rdsparrowriterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh thanks. I didn't know that .

3. Zelkiiro profile image89
    Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago

Fiction (e.g. To Kill a Mockingbird, Moby Dick, The Bible) is stuff that isn't real, whereas nonfiction (e.g. cookbooks, archives, biographies) is stuff that is real.

They are similar in that they're composed of letters on paper and the writers try to convey reality in some way. With nonfiction, the writers convey reality by writing about things that actually happened or do happen. With fiction, the writers convey reality by writing about ideas and concepts that shape us as a society.

rdsparrowriterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing your views... but I would like to say that the Bible doesn't belong exactly to the fiction category as the bible is not just one book, it's a book which includes 66 books. Though there are fictitious stories like parables to convey messages, almost all the stories and the people in the bible are actual historical people,events and letters. No one can deny that. If you go to the Holy land, experience miracles which are impossible to understand from the human mind in your life, then you will know. The bible has been translated to so many languages and so many people believe it to be the God given word including myself smile

working