jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

My flash fiction for the Creative Writing Study.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image90
    Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago

Time To Follow His Intended Path

When he looked back over his life and how he came to be where it lead him today, there were memories lingering in his mind. Memories of those he met along the way who either helped him succeed or hindered his progress.

It was a time of nostalgia and at the same time an emotional session of gratitude mixed with confusion. The gratitude came from those he knew were true friends and teachers. The confusion came from people he thought would be there for him regardless of what came by. In his pondering, he realized that everyone he had met over the years was a teacher to him.

A teacher, he realized, could set a negative example that warned him not to go in that direction, or a teacher could be one that guided him in a positive manner, enabling him to succeed and reach his goals.

Now, on his own, it was time for him to break out from others and go his way, to follow the intended path of his life. Jonathan allowed an opening to his inner self and embraced what he had become, embraced the good times, the bad, the sorrows of times past.
    ~ ~ ~ ~

1. Jodah profile image87
      Jodahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great job Phyllis.I have done it as well. I put mine on the forum created by snakeslane.

Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I read yours, Jodah. I really like it. There is more to imagine for your story. 150 words is not a whole lot, but you did well with it.

1. Jodah profile image87
          Jodahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes Phyllis 150 words was difficult to finish a story...would have preferred 300 at least.

2. rlaha profile image74
      rlahaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Phyllis.

This was very well written! Thanks for sharing this. I have a question though. Why do you put your writing in a forum instead of making it a hub? Thanks.

Rlaha.

3. WillStarr profile image87
      WillStarrposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well done Phyllis!

Thank you very much, Will.

4. cfin profile image79
      cfinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The world has walked out on me. I’m bruised, battered and humiliated from the shoe lashing. To an outsider, this may seem odd. To me, it just seems unfair. I tried my best and let everyone down, sure. But I had no ill intent. The Olympics had ended so abruptly. My loss was so overwhelming inside, yet I had no idea that it would bring so much shame to my colony, so much pain.
      Alas, here I stand, bruised and battered. Any respect I once had dissipated just a little with every shoe that was hurled toward me. Dress me up, as the tradition goes. Soon the sun will drop and I’ll be allowed to leave. But where would I even go? The colony has been my home for the past decade. Maybe it’s best to call it a day and make my way back out into the real world?

cfin, this is really good.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image90
    Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago

For more information, go to Christy's blog at:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/124706

3. Frank Atanacio profile image55
    Frank Atanacioposted 3 years ago

yeah, yeah phyllis..I like very well donr