jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone know of a good, cheap online Master of Creative Writing Course?

1. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

Does anyone know of a good, cheap online Master of Creative Writing Course?

2. Dinah Roseberry profile image53
    Dinah Roseberryposted 8 years ago

Don't know if it's cheap these days, but Writer's Digest courses have been around (and updated) forever. Can't go wrong...

Usually, too, local adult education classes (often held at vocational schools or high schools at nights) have courses slanted directly to writers. To teach, the instructors have to (in all cases I know of) submit credentials and full outlines--so classes are well moderated.

Hope this helps!

Dinah (roseberrybooks.com)

3. Benjamin Turner profile image52
    Benjamin Turnerposted 8 years ago

I'm close to graduating from the University of Southern Maine's Stonecoast MFA in Creative Writing program.  It's not entirely online -- each semester begins with a ten-day residency in Maine, with the rest of the work being done via email between you and a mentor.  Here's their website: http://www.usm.maine.edu/stonecoastmfa//

If you have any questions, let me know.

4. Ladybythelake55 profile image58
    Ladybythelake55posted 7 years ago

The best thing I can recomend is check the Universities and colleges in your area. They can recommend to you what universities and colleges off a Master in Creative Writing. I went to private writing school in  Connecticut and it was very expensive. You had to pass an entrance exam to get into it. But the course came with everything. The course was called Long Ridge Writer's Group out of Connecticut. You can find them online.