jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how do i write articles and get them published ?

1. profile image42
    saira alamposted 8 years ago

how do i write articles and get them published ?

i also want to earn money through that

2. soni2006 profile image80
    soni2006posted 8 years ago

Think of any good topic you are really interested in and would like to share the details of it with the world. Just go ahead and do not by shy, put your great thoughts and type whatever you have in mind. Start a new hub, open up the text column, copy and paste from microsoft word, hit save, add videos, pics, links, ebay, amazon products and then hit publish. Tell your friends via the facebook and twitter buttons which appear instantly on your hub after it is published. Send your hub via the share it button email, links, etc and you will be popular too.

3. yoshi97 profile image70
    yoshi97posted 8 years ago

Assuming you already know how to write the articles, I would then go to duotrope.com. It's a free website dedicated to matching up writers with a buying market.

I wrote up a hub about this just last night. Kinda odd, eh?

As for what to write about ... write about whatever it is you want to. There's a market for almost everything out there ... you just need to find it. The trick is to market your articles to the magazines most likely to publish them. You wouldn't send recipes to a sci-fi mag any more than you would send car reviews to a cooking magazine, but the nuances go deeper than that ... By reading the magazines you want to submit to, you get  a strong idea of what they are looking for and you can tailor your article to sell.

The most important thing you must know is that you can't force an article to sell. If it's not right for a certain magazine, you can either make it right, or you can try to fit it in elsewhere. Trust me ... after ten years of selling short stories, I have learned to rewrite to meet the need, as it's a much longer road to search endlessly for that one place where it might already be the perfect fit. wink

4. profile image43
    Millomanposted 8 years ago

Get a small website. Publish your articles. Put on a donations button, and then get as many people on there as possible.

working