jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

i want to writ a book and publish it. But my english is terrible. Who can help m

1. keira7 profile image60
    keira7posted 8 years ago

i want to writ a book and publish it. But my english is terrible. Who can help me ?

2. Tutlens profile image55
    Tutlensposted 8 years ago

That depends. When you say your English is terrible, do you mean you're bad at the subject of English or that it's not your first language?

3. keira7 profile image60
    keira7posted 8 years ago

First i would like to say thank you for your answer, and also to tell you  that English, is not my first language but i love it. I was happy when i have see your answer thanks you again.

4. Sasha S profile image71
    Sasha Sposted 8 years ago

If you are seriously considering writing and publishing a book I'd strongly suggest writing it in your own language so it's exactly as you'd like it. Then get somebody to translate it from your language into english. You will probably have to pay somebody to do so but the quality of the work will be far superior and will truly get across the meaning you wanted.

5. patful profile image61
    patfulposted 8 years ago

One of my first pieces of advice to new writers is: When you've got something in your head, bursting to come out, just write it down.

You have an idea for a book you want to write. I'm assuming you want to publish it for an English-speaking audience.

Start putting the ideas on paper or your computer or a notebook, or whatever. Don't worry about the perfection of your English.

At some point, find someone (hopefully in the area where you live so you can meet with the person) and ask the person to look over what you wrote. As an English instructor, I can say it is easier to correct the grammar and sentence structure where the content already has value and substance, than to try to add substance where the English grammar is perfect.

Let me toss some questions to you as you start writing: What is your main idea? Who is the audience you want to reach? How do you want the audience to react to what you have written?

If you're clear on those goals, that will help you as you put words into sentences, sentences into paragraphs, paragraphs into chapters.

Don't worry about perfection at this point. Just start writing. You will find that as you write something down, other thoughts will come. And you may find that the actual "act" of writing will help you in improving your English.

At any rate, go for it! Best wishes.

Closed to reply

working