jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I want to publish a hub in a different language But how do you publish it?

1. JY3502 profile image88
    JY3502posted 7 years ago

I want to publish a hub in a different language But how do you publish it?

I found Google translate, but how do you publish it in, say German, so they can find it?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You need to re-read the HubPages rules,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#english_only

3. h_blunck profile image46
    h_blunckposted 7 years ago

First of all, you will NEVER want to settle with Google Translate to translate anything.

Try this sentence:

"He bought new earphones for his iPod"

translated into Danish:

"Han købte nye hovedtelefoner til hans iPod"
    which should have been:
    "Han købte nye hovedtelefoner til SIN iPod"

But when translated back to English it becomes:
    "He bought new headphones for his iPod"

Need I say any more? ;-)

I know earphones and headphones are used interchangeably, but especially the Danish translation would have been quite "Indian" in tone when translated word-for-word as GT does.

There is no way of getting around professional translations work best, as I personally recommend: http://www.blunck.dk/recommends/translate

4. davidseeger profile image60
    davidseegerposted 7 years ago

I would endorse what h_blunck says. If you can't write in the language you are targeting than it would be better to take a pass than risk the misunderstanding that could result from using translator software. As for Germans: So many Germans speak quite good English. Anything directed towards Germany can be publish in English and reach the majority of your target. Out of all the Western European countries this is true to a great degree. The biggest exception is France. They take great pride in reliving the time when French was the diplomatic language of the world and they are not ready to give that up. Sorry for that little swipe at the French. I had the experience once in a French-speaking  shop where I offered to speak either English or German and was rebuffed with no expressed interest in accomodation.

working