Publishing! I am trying to find an audience,

1. capalynn profile image78
    capalynnposted 8 years ago

Publishing!  I am trying to find an audience,

I want to start a column in a local newspaper.  I also want to start marketing myself so that when I get ready to publish a book I am working on, I will have an audience.  I have NO IDEA where to even start, and need all the help I can get.  Please offer suggestions, especially if you are a skilled, and published author.

Thanks

2. Silver Poet profile image71
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

Start a blog, build a following little by little, and get your work out directly to those who appreciate it.  Hone your skills, and push yourself to do beyond your very best.

If your work is really good and you think people would actually pick it up and read it if they found the book left on a subway train, you may wish to self publish with a print-on-demand company or an E-book publisher.  You may have to put some money into it initially, but if your work is really that enjoyable and if you can write sound, reliable, addictive stories you may just have a chance.

Ask yourself this question: would you read it if you just found it somewhere printed out on plain paper?  Would it catch your interest?  If it were written by someone else, would it hold you for line after line to the point of being late for dinner because you just wanted to read a little bit more?

3. smcopywrite profile image28
    smcopywriteposted 7 years ago

what is your niche? you want to write for your niche and stay within that niche as much as possible in order to have an audience for your book.

working