jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What's the best thing to write?

1. waynet profile image71
    waynetposted 8 years ago

What's the best thing to write?

2. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 8 years ago

What's The Best Thing To Write About? Subjects that you understand very well and have a lot of knowledge in or that are easily researched. read more

3. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

What's the best thing to write?  I think its an individual thing - if you are a history buff, you may want to write about history!  Write what feels good for yourself!

4. PMS9 profile image73
    PMS9posted 8 years ago

Whatever perfect knowledge and information you have that you can share with us by writing.

5. KateHaggard profile image56
    KateHaggardposted 8 years ago

There are about as many answers as there are stars in the sky for this one. In terms of fiction and art, I find it best to write something that speaks to me, or simply something I would want to read. If I don't enjoy myself while writing a story or working on a novel then I'm more than sure other people won't either.

As for hubs, stick with what you know, what your are good at and what you are passionate about.

6. Wandah profile image76
    Wandahposted 8 years ago

This can be answered in many ways.

But your best bet is to write what comes natural to you.

If you follow your gut feelings you won't be sorry.

Ask yourself this question, (What am I passionate about?) What drives me, what do I enjoy writing about?

If it holds your attention and you're good at it, then it will probably hold the attention of someone else too.

Writing can't be forced or it will come across as such. Just stay true to yourself, and most of all have fun with it.

If it isn't fun or enjoyable then don't  bother.

But to give you another answer, my answer would be screenplays. I love to write them, they definitely challenge me.

Best Wanda

7. Challah1202 profile image60
    Challah1202posted 8 years ago

Write what is interesting to you, but...Most of the time, when I write I learn more about the subject that the reader does.  I find out what I think because I have to explain it to others.  I explore how to make a kite or a loaf of bread before I can write about it, but I also rehearse how to do it better when I write.

Do some research on something you know or love; then write about it.  Then research again and rewrite.  You may find you will change your opinion or method or subject!

8. profile image59
    foreignpressposted 8 years ago

If you want "hits" on your hub then write something controversial. Usually religion and politics get the blood boiling, but consider what topic is hot for the day. You might take a proactive stance on the proposed National Identity Card complete with Rfid chip. Or argue in favor of inserting Rfid tags into newborn babies. The responses will be overwhelming. Insert well-chosen keywords and you'll see so much advertising there won't be room for copy. Think National Enquirer.
       But, as mentioned earlier, the copy should be well-written and researched. One common mistake is not proofreading and checking for factual errors. I've also noticed that writing style has lots of impact. A clear, down-to-earth approach makes for a good read. And readers will come back for more.
       HubPages provides topics to write about. But consider that if you're seeing them so are thousands of others. So make your topics unique by drawing on your own experiences; but make sure others can relate to what you're writing.
       Be sure to understand how HubPages works. They provide numbers on topics that are getting the most hits. But that can change daily.

working