jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Write about you when did you know you enjoyed writing

1. AEvans profile image81
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Write about you when did you know you enjoyed writing

2. Polly C profile image89
    Polly Cposted 7 years ago

I have always know I enjoyed writing, since I was a young child of around eight or so - or maybe even younger, I can't remember a time not liking it.  At school and home I would write stories that filled up whole exercise books, even when I was supposed to be doing something else.  I don't know where it comes from, really, but writing has always been a part of me and is something that comes quite naturally.  I can't imagine never writing again.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

When I got my first cheque, as it is said, 'no man but a blockhead writes except for money.'

4. Aley Martin profile image78
    Aley Martinposted 7 years ago

As a child. I was brought up writing thank you notes to others, then started writing poems and stories and eventually in 7th grade a play called "Rome is Raided"...it was a bloody mess of  play where everyone dies...but we produced it in togas onstage in the gym...it was fun.

5. JonesChicago profile image55
    JonesChicagoposted 7 years ago

I knew when I was in the 5th grade and have been writing since. My first short story was for an assignment we all were given to write a story, of our own inspiration, and keep it to 3 pages. By the time I finished my story it was just under 10 pages. When I turned it in I had to explain to the teacher why it was so long. I have and always will be big on details with my stories, whether it is for character development, or to describe a place with all its beauty or flaws.

6. kbennett51770 profile image69
    kbennett51770posted 7 years ago

I have always known, but I didn't get serious about my writing until 2002.  I used to take my piggy bank money when I was little to the local drug store to buy pencils and a notebook so I could write. 
    When my son was in grade school he had to write a short story for class and they put it into hard back and to this day he remembers that story and the fun he and I had writing about our dogs fictional and crazy adventures smile  "The adventures of Sparky"

7. Maria Cecilia profile image81
    Maria Ceciliaposted 7 years ago

Maybe when people or friends started reacting with the poems I wrote, when I wrote script for a school role playing and my story appeared unique among others, when I can freely turn my emotion into words, when I realized I can inspire others with my articles, when I became friends with fellow writers..