This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can I find a good publisher?

1. yvens profile image60
    yvensposted 7 years ago

How can I find a good publisher?

Does anyone know of a good publisher for my first book?

2. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

Very good question, if you ever find the answer come back and let us know.

Check out the many, many Hubs on here on the subject you are joining the back of a very long queue.

But there are some great Hubs here with lots of advice on all subjects of writing, literary agents and publishers.

Good Luck

3. yvens profile image60
    yvensposted 7 years ago

Thanks again Merlin
    It's people like you that makes us (newbies) hang around and grow.
    Thanks!

4. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image93
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 7 years ago

First, finish your manuscript - have a few friends or members of your writers group critique it.  Edit, polish and edit again.

Meanwhile, research the publishing industry.  Know your market.

Build up a strong web-presence, to establish your audience and and potential buyers.

Find an agent suitable for your kind of work, who'll help place your MS with a publisher.

If all else fails, marry a footballer.  Your book is then bound to sell, even if it's 100% rubbish.  smile

working