Any Book Suggestions... I just got done reading The White Tigar, The Alchemist and Freakonomics....
Im looking for a good journalism book.
Here are some of the novels I have read. The novels are as following:
1. David Copperfield, By Charles Dickens
2. Waltzez I have not frogotten, By Bernadette Gabay Dyer
3. Panchatantra (this book consists of various stories)... not sure about the author.
4. Lord of the Flies, By William Golding
5. The bread winner, By Deborah Ellis
6. Country Brides By, Debbie Macomber
7. Bad Attitude, By Tiffany White
8. Half Magic, By Edward Eager
9. Trouble don't last, By Shelly Pearsall
10. Brave New World, By Alduous Huxley
11. Eyes of the Emperor, By Graham Salisbury
12. The Pearl, By John Steinbeck
13. The Call of the Wild, By Jack Landon
14. The Outsiders, By S.E. Hinton
15. Esperanza Rising, By Pam Munoz Ryan
16. Jason's Gold, By Will Hobbs
17. All That Remains, By Bruce Brooks
18. Under the Persimmon Tree, By Suzzane Fisher Staples
19. The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Imm, By Michael Scott
20. The Body of Christopher Creed, By Carol Plum-Ucci
21. The Golden Compass, By Philip Pullman
22. Under the Blood Red Sun, By Graham Salisbury
You can see if any of these suits with journalism...
I wonder if this would fit the category. There's a few books (interview transcripts) from the TV interview show Enough Rope, hosted by Andrew Denton, an Australian comedian/TV host.
The difference about this show from similar shows is that not only did Denton interview famous people, he also interviewed everyday people like taxi drivers and vets. He's also a very talented interviewer, intelligent and funny.
I usually pick a summer reading project every year, i worked in health care, in one form or another, and summer is always slow. This year i am rereading the classics, just finished Paradise Lost, The scarlett Letter and starting Sun Tzu's The Art Of War and Dante's Inferno. One summer i read the entire Stephen King collection (the ones i had not already read anyway). Optimus magister, bonus liber (The best teacher is a good book) Happy reading
I just read and loved the black jewel trilogy and water for elephants...they were both great..the jewel trilogy is the best so far this summer though I just cried and cried at the end
I also finally read the red tent and it was good but then found rebekkah by orson scott card and its better
There is always the sequel to Freakonomics...did you read the "new" expanded version with the added blog pages? I just read it because my son's girl friend who is a high school math teacher extraordinaire recommended it and I LOVED it. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
I'm not sure you would like my other reading recommendations which tilt toward the mystery/knitting/Pilcher variety.
I know these aren't journalism books, but if you haven't read any of Malcolm Gladwell's books, I would recommend those. I loved "The tipping point" and "Blink".
For something funny, try some of David Sedaris' books.
similar to the alchemist:
http://cascoly.hubpages.com/hub/The-Gla … itav-Ghosh
Their eyes were watching god. Zora Neale Hurston
you must be able to read, and enjoy that book, to want to be a writer.
by Megan's Thoughts 7 years ago
Anyone got a suggestion for a good book to read?
by sunforged 8 years ago
After tonight I want to take a short writing vacation, i really, really want a new book. but since Im an ebay seller/buyer and i live a block away from a huge used book store, literally every author I like, I have tracked down every book they own and read them all.I need something new, an author I...
by KNOWLEDGESEEKER79 7 years ago
Im looking for a good book to read, any suggestions?
by AllieRenee 6 years ago
I need a good new book series, any ideas or suggestions?
by pertibha321 6 years ago
How can i improve my writing skills?i want to improve my writing skills for hubpages and also i want to write 1-2 books.so please give me suggestions and if there are any good courses for that tell me that also.
by telltale 10 months ago
Do people nowadays prefer to read in the Internet rather than actual books?Do people read books at all nowadays? I noticed that not many people prefer to go to the library for books, what do you think?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|