jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What happened to writing letters?

1. sammyfiction profile image60
    sammyfictionposted 7 years ago

What happened to writing letters?

as in to send, in the mail, like at the post office. not inbox, or email, or actual letters which some people have seemed to forget that they exist when writing words... O.o

2. wytegarillaz profile image75
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

sad really, i used to write a lot , now its email, facebook or a text,
    nothing like recieving a letter to read while having a coffee

3. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 7 years ago

I've often pondered that myself. With the onset of the worldwide web you can send an email for sure,but it just never has that personable touch that a handwritten letter can have. Shockingly I have even read that some schools are considering taking cursive writing out of the curriculum. It's a sad state of affairs!

4. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Hey! welcome to reality, and the "OLD SCHOOL".But sending it the fast way get a quicker comand for the indiviual.The glitter and the glem of life have gotten the best of the most.

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

umm i think email happend now that we can email i think letters took the back burnner email is easy and faster

6. HeyaMovieGeek profile image56
    HeyaMovieGeekposted 7 years ago

I don't write letters very often- or, actually I do, but I never send them. For me, I think it's ADD- there are so many steps to writing and sending a letter. You have to write it, and get the envelope set up, get stamps to put on it... I know it sounds silly, but it's too many steps for my mind to keep track of, especially when there are so many more efficient (or just easier and less time/energy consuming) ways to still get the message out.

working