jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Welcome! Do you find that meditation helps your writing?

1. lorlie6 profile image83
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

Welcome!  Do you find that meditation helps your writing?

2. fundamentallife profile image58
    fundamentallifeposted 7 years ago

I have just started in my quest to learn how to meditate, so I will let you know as soon as!!

AJ..

3. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

Not sure if it's the same thing but what I find useful if I get writer's block or just find myself floundering I simply walk away from it for a while.

Struggling on only leads to frustration.  I have one or two favourite quiet places to walk and think and if that doesn't work I will re read up to the sticking point just before I go to bed.

Is that meditation ?  I don't know but it is amazing how there are times I awke with a jolt and be wide awake at 4 5 in the morning with a rush of new thoughts and ideas.

Hope this helps.

4. sir_tallest profile image64
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

it clears mind and helps think straight so i'll say yes

5. Jaynie2000 profile image92
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

I definitely do think it helps. Some of my richest ideas come from the times when I have been daydreaming, walking, running, cycling, or doing some other solitary activity, lost in thought. I also like to people watch and weave stories in my mind about what the people remind me of.

6. Garrett Mickley profile image81
    Garrett Mickleyposted 7 years ago

I find meditation helps my general life, but I haven't tried it in any way related to writing.

working