jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

If you could only have the collected works of one poet, who would it be?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

If you could only have the collected works of one poet, who would it be?

2. arthurmelo profile image60
    arthurmeloposted 7 years ago

i collected my poems...

3. Collin.G profile image56
    Collin.Gposted 7 years ago

Arthur Rimbaud... I think he was a good poet.

4. Powerful Pierre profile image79
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

For me the one and only George Gordon "Lord" Byron. His writing which many believe have brought romanticism and the romantic area to life has helped me also understand romance and beauty a lot too. He has written many incredibly lovely pieces of literature, such as "She walks In Beauty" and "There Be None of Beauty's Daughters" to name but two works that still speak to my heart. READ "Prometheus" or "Childe Harolde" I believe it was called about Napoleon and Waterloo to be hooked on this literary great. Though I don't much care for his politics or lifestyle I thoroughly am able to still enjoy his writings from the 16th century. So Ken read on for GGB or Lord Byron as most know him will speak to your heart too  if you let him  GBU

5. profile image0
    3 Finger Readerposted 7 years ago

Emily Dickison.  She was awesome, maybe even revolutionary.  One of my favorite poems by her is (though she didn't really name them) is  titled "The World is Not Conclusion."

It has my favorite line out of any poem:

Narcotics cannot still the tooth
    That nibbles at the soul--

If you'd care to read the rest...

6. sugz profile image72
    sugzposted 7 years ago

i've always hated poetry, although i write a few when the brain requires it.
    but... years ago a friend sent me a small book of poems, the book titled 'Love', from the UK in red velvet, there was one in it that always stuck in my mind and i will know it when i see it agian. but the prob is, i have no idea who it's by and i'm finding it hard to remember the words.

one poem was called 'Yes' another i think was called  ... 'When a woman loves OR A womans love or touch' it's been a long time so i can't remember clearly which way the title was, could have been a womans kiss. it woudl be nice to remember.. if it sounds familiar to anyone, please let me know. id like to find the book again.

it's a beautiful book, and theres mahy poems i liked in it, but have not found it since.

7. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 7 years ago

Kahlil Gibran.  If you haven't read any of his works, dust off your library cards; and, take one of books out.  He is the third most popular poet of all time behind Shakespeare and Lao-Tzu.

8. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

If I have only the collected works of one poet than I would love to choose Shakesphere because he had the capability to express the difficult things of life in a very expressive and romantic manner.

9. Yvonnek profile image61
    Yvonnekposted 7 years ago

I would say William Shakespeare, because I love the play Maccbeth.

10. dksuttle profile image77
    dksuttleposted 7 years ago

Emily Dickinson. No! my answer is not too short.

11. Literature Fairy profile image78
    Literature Fairyposted 7 years ago

Hmmm toughie.... either Shakespeare or Poe.

12. littlesecret13 profile image59
    littlesecret13posted 7 years ago

shakespeare or poe, would bemy choice, but my collection is almost complete! haha