jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think of RedGage?

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image92
    Les Trois Chenesposted 7 years ago

What do you think of RedGage?

They sent me debit card, which is free of charges, but because their their terms and conditions clearly state that the terms can be changed at any point, might they then start charging? If so there is no indication what their charges might be. Am I being paranoid?

2. Jed Fisher profile image88
    Jed Fisherposted 7 years ago

I think Redgage's web site is polluted with grammatical, spelling and stylistic errors, wich is always a Red Flag.

3. Edweirdo profile image85
    Edweirdoposted 7 years ago

I have had 3 payouts from RedGage so far and never experienced any charges. My advice would be to take the money and spend it! Any charges would be deducted up-front, anyway, so if you spend the full $25 then all should be well...

4. VCLUB profile image61
    VCLUBposted 7 years ago

Companies are bought and sold all the time. According to the terms, new management can impose whatever new rules they like. It's the nature of the beast. These contracts are written by attorneys to account for many possible/ probable scenarios in the future.
    Jed, first of all you misspelled "which." Secondly, your logic is flawed for several reasons. Sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace are littered with mistakes. Do you plan to boycott them as well? Do not compare RedGage to HubPages, they are entirely different sites with different concepts.

* Unlike HubPages, RedGage is not solely a writing site.
    * RedGage is a social network type site like Flickr.
    * According to the RedGage website, Red Gage "pays people for their online content and monetizes their social activity."
    Les Trois, every website has similar terms. Any website, at any time, can initiate new membership fees. They do this to protect themselves, in case, they need to change their business model. I love Redgage; it's an innovative enterprise.