jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Could I post snippets from a book I am writing in a Hub to see if it might catch

1. Love and Peace profile image52
    Love and Peaceposted 7 years ago

Could I post snippets from a book I am writing in a Hub to see if it might catch on?

2. caceewalsh profile image60
    caceewalshposted 7 years ago

I don't see why not.  I'm on a site called Vampire Rave and there are writers there that do it all the time.  They get a bit of a following if they're good.

3. FloBe profile image80
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

This is a good place to "test" your material and see if people will read it. It's a good place to learn and experiment.

4. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image64
    DrumsAcousticMuseposted 7 years ago

Try making a preview hub for the book and then promoting the preview. you could probably create quite a buzz before you even release it- and maybe cash in on some adsense. What is the book about?

5. Bima.Purnawan1 profile image61
    Bima.Purnawan1posted 7 years ago

Why not! The best way would be to post them as a link to a blog where you were developing your new hub. As long as you did not have too many snippets you could make a "work in progress" hub and have the snippets from your current projects onto that hub and have visitors express their views by voting. I look forward to seeing that hub.

6. Love and Peace profile image52
    Love and Peaceposted 7 years ago

I haven't quite finished it yet, it's still in its beginning stages really. It's a science fiction type book about orphans who can see mythical creatures of different elements (good and evil). At first they seem to be on a journey to find out where they're from, but it turns into an adventure to save the world as an unbalance in nature is beginning to happen as the evil elemental creatures start to take over. It will probably be a 2 or 3 book series where they eventually solve the mystery and make the connections between where they are from and why they are 'seers'.

working