jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you aware of how others see you? For instance a friend said that I am " A W

1. EmpressImani profile image61
    EmpressImaniposted 7 years ago

Are you aware of how others see you? For instance a friend said that I am
    " A Walking Volcano"...

which came as a bit of a shock. Try to  describe yourself as your parents, work mates, friends or relatives see you, great writing exercise, enjoy:)

2. Bima.Purnawan1 profile image61
    Bima.Purnawan1posted 7 years ago

I quit worrying a lot time ago about how others see me. I know my heart and the things I have done for other people.

I also know how often so called friends were not there when I needed them.

If there is any group of people that one might care about what they think of you it would be your immediate family. Unfortunately even that group will often fall short of your expectations.

Life is a wonderful thing and you need to be your own support group. Help those that you can, be a REAL friend to those in need and don't expect any thing in return.  You know you are blessed when someone you help or take care of returns your kindness in the same manner.

3. EmpressImani profile image61
    EmpressImaniposted 7 years ago

As suggested that this is a good writing exercise, I meant how would your friends describe you, not what they think of you. I think you might have mis-read my question.  And by friends, I meant good, close and true friends.
    If you described yourself as fun loving, they might  see you as cool, calm and collected. This can be a good starting point to develope skills in wiritng in the third person and can encourage you to develope other forms of creative writing.

4. krishubpages123 profile image31
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

Walking handsome, this is what everyone says about me while I am with others...

5. Andi R profile image57
    Andi Rposted 7 years ago

Great idea, Empresslmani! I think it is wonderful as an exercise as well as character sharpening tool. For instance, I used to lack confidence and others told me so. I then had to gain a better self image. If I wouldn't have been open to feedback, I would never have experienced some of the amazing opportunities I've had!