jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who has read the Way of the Peaceful Warrior?

1. pennyofheaven profile image81
    pennyofheavenposted 7 years ago

Who has read the Way of the Peaceful Warrior?

What are your thoughts?

2. Powerful Pierre profile image79
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

read the book  and saw the movie in 2006 based loosely on the book. Dan M the author is a remarkable honest man, but found the book confusing at times trying to uncover his secrets. The movie with Nick Nolte (I believe) better explained him basically than the book. Scott Mekklewitz who plays Millman was good too. I find in this case the movie helps the book. Were you aware that this book is part of a series too, but I have not read any of the other books yet.

3. pennyofheaven profile image81
    pennyofheavenposted 7 years ago

I read only two of the series some time back.Yes sometimes the book required re-reading due to confusion. I relate well to what you say. Socrates made me laugh.

Like most books the second one I read Sacred Journey  wasn't as great as the first. Still engaging however although there is not as much humour it is still a great read.

I have never seen the movie! Wow will seek it out. I can just see Nick Nolte playing Socrates superbly!

Did Dan Millman right Children of the light as well? Can't remember the Author.

4. Midnight Oil profile image80
    Midnight Oilposted 7 years ago

Read the book a couple of years ago, but the movie has not made it to the UK either on the big screen or as a DVD.  I found the book a little confusing to read, and I had to re-read it a couple of times to get a better understanding. 

It would be interesting to see how it was translated into a movie as it has lot to say, and I am not sure how it could be brought to the big screen in away that it got the full message across.  But, then again, you can say that about of lots of books.  Hopefully, it will finds it way across to the UK, but I guess it will be screened on one of the less know TV channels at a daft time.

5. NicholasA profile image77
    NicholasAposted 5 years ago

I have read Way of the Peaceful Warrior, Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior and The Journey's of Socrates. As with other comments the book is a bit confusing at times but I think that is because we as humans try to understand what we are reading in a literal way. Our minds start to think literally and get full of "trash" as Socrates likes to say. If you relax your mind and just read then it becomes clearer. If you have not read The Journey's of Socrates I highly recommend it. It tells Socrates life story as you can guess and it is hard to put down.
    The movie was great and it is easier to comprehend the teachings of the book. It focuses on the important parts of the story. If you read the book then you know it goes beyond the end of the movie when Dan is on the Rings. I loved Nick Nolte as Socrates he was great. It is one of my favorite movies.