jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What topic really stirs your heart & gets your writing juices flowing?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

What topic really stirs your heart & gets your writing juices flowing?

2. Dave Harris profile image74
    Dave Harrisposted 7 years ago

As you can probably tell from my hubs Ken it's World War Two. I am truly fascinated by all the heroic stories of that dark time in our history. it was surely a time when relatively ordinary people did the most extraordinary things in the fight for freedom over opression.

3. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I think what really turns up the burners on me are the social issues raised on the basis of general conjecture.  "What should mankind do about world hunger?"  "Should we give more money to eradicate poverty?"  On the one hand, individuals asking these questions appear to raise their own intellectual stock by asking the question and supposedly raising the awareness.  I will give them that...they are somewhat raising the awareness.  But, that is where the buck stops.  Just because you raise awareness to poverty by saying that mankind is not giving enough money assumes that you know the answer to the problem.  I would stipulate that regardless of how much money mankind throws at poverty it will still be there when all the money is long gone...much like the cockroach and much like the on-going dissatisfaction with public education.  What if I asked the question, "Can mankind donate more money to eradicating the cockroach?"  It implies from the moment the statement is made that we are not doing enough and the answer to eradicating the cockroach is the contribution of more funds to the effort...not once does the question get raised as to how those funds are being used and whether or not much of it never gets into the fight.  Those are the  questions that really raise my hackles because they insinuate a problem in which it would appear that I , as a part of mankind, am responsible for creating and the suggestion of a lack of funds suggests the proper path of solution...it's a bogus trip playing on the sympathy associated with an unfortunate set of circumstances.  WB

4. JDeAngelis profile image59
    JDeAngelisposted 6 years ago

Whenever I hear issues about children and family problems I get energized into needing to write, When I get interested in a religious debate or topic that has been discussed I need to write my opinion on it.

5. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I love areas that make people think and consider themselves in new ways - things that empower people and encourage their individualism. Psychology, spirituality (not religion), social issues - things that make people question their role in the larger scheme of things.

working