jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

I submitted a hub on Thursday which was published and even received a positive c

1. EmpressImani profile image62
    EmpressImaniposted 7 years ago

I submitted a hub on Thursday which was published and even received a positive comment. On...

Saturday day  my hub was deemed sub standard and is now awaiting a decision, how can it be ok and then not?

2. nighthag profile image84
    nighthagposted 7 years ago

I had this happen to me with a hub that I had up for a few weeks and was even ranked on google's first page. In a panic I rewrote almost the entire thing only to have it returned as still substandard, frustrated I contacted hub pages to be told that it was a photo that was watermarked.
    a simply change and it was back up!
    (there is a link in the help section on this subject)

(on a side note,the article is doing much better for the rewrite as well )
    so my advice would be to contact hub pages and find out what the exact issue is... good luck!

3. kimbles profile image45
    kimblesposted 7 years ago

Doesn't it take another hubber to report a hub as being sub standard? I don't think every hub gets manually checked for quality, duplicate content yes but quality no.

I would guess your hub wasn't a duplicate, it managed to get past the accepted stage which is probably an auto bot and then a hubber visited your hub and clicked the report or raise flag button.

4. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Between Thursday and Saturday is only two days so it could be that someone flagged it for being substandard. It could also be that the HubPages staff discovered it to be substandard.

Publishing a hub does not mean it is "ok". It is very well possible that a hub gets published and then later taken down because it is not good enough. You can ask HubPages for specific reasons why it was not good enough though.

5. humagaia profile image56
    humagaiaposted 7 years ago

I have just had a quick scan of around 10 of your hubs to see if there is a reason for any to be flagged by hubbers as sub-standard. What I have found is that, although reasonably well-written, they are rather short.
    All I can surmise is that one particular hubber decided that the hub in question was just too short for their taste. You have probably been unlucky enough to have attracted a self-appointed conscientious hubber to your hub that took it upon themselves to flag it.
    Check with the powers that be, but before doing that, review it yourself for total content, and if it is short then expand it somewhat so as to overcome any implied brevity.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i have a hub like that also. i'm not sure what's wrong with it or how to fix it but such is life.

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Somebody flagged you, is what I think happened.  One of those content nazis that run around on this site and flag things that they disagree with. . . . .I had one that was up for probably four months before it got flagged.

8. hillrider profile image60
    hillriderposted 7 years ago

Had a similar situation in which I did change what was noted and it still took several days for it to later be approved again. Don't let it get to ya and just keep podding along...

9. EmpressImani profile image62
    EmpressImaniposted 7 years ago

Thank you all for your helpful comments, I will rewrite this hub and also contact hubpages,I was getting a bit worried but feel much better about this:)

working