jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Welcome! What movies are inspirational to your writing?

1. lorlie6 profile image83
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

Welcome!  What movies are inspirational to your writing?

2. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 7 years ago

I can't name just one... I keep little notebooks somewhere near so that I can write something that stikes me as interesting.  I have a basket full of ideas...LOL  i.e. I just wrote a hub after watching the made for TV movie Amish Grace.  I use things said from West Wing sometimes.... the older series Brady Bunch or Judging Amy.  Movies such as Tender Mercies, LaFemme Nikita, Pure Country, 8-Seconds and more.  List too long.  But I love picking up little nuggests from watching movies or TV..

3. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

It's not so much movies as TV in my case. Anything can inspire me - a documentary, a good drama, comedy - just about anything really!

4. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I love westerns with really good actors and characters...Quigley Down Under,  Open Range, Lonesome Dove...there's a romance there that just bleeds through which depicts how prepare people were to face difficulties and endure each day.  I also love drame that brings out heartfelt emotions where that one line is delivered that brings tears to your eyes and makes you remember the scene for years to come.  WB

5. smelloftruth profile image61
    smelloftruthposted 7 years ago

The Social Network would be very inspirational and relevant to most of us as a source of writing material.

6. sonia05 profile image62
    sonia05posted 7 years ago

I saw the movie" in pursuit of happiness"and was immensely inspired by it!!

7. N.E. Wright profile image81
    N.E. Wrightposted 7 years ago

The God-Father movies. 

I always have a "what if" thought when I see it.

In The God-Father Three I always think "What if Sonny really did get his mistress pregnant?" LOL.

In the book "The God Father" -- which is two books in one -- Sonny's mistress did not have a baby by him after his death.  She got with a Plastic Surgeon who worked for the Mob in Vegas.

I read the hard cover over 10 times since I was 16.  LOL.

No I am not a gangster.  LOL.   I just love the ideas that come to mind for me when I see this movie.

8. Dawn Tate profile image62
    Dawn Tateposted 7 years ago

There are definitely some great movies out there with classic, time-stopping lines and moments. 

I guess with me it isn't so much a matter of the movie itself being inspirational as it is the soundtracks.  Some soundtracks can take me to much different places than I could ever imagine.  Other soundtracks are actually better than the movie, too, so I tend to put my own story in the music.