jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Anybody want to advise me on what book to read next? I'm thinking something myst

1. Iontach profile image87
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Anybody want to advise me on what book to read next? I'm thinking something mystical,...

sexy, vampirey ...

2. chander mehra profile image60
    chander mehraposted 7 years ago

The Third Eye by Lobsang Rumpa and The Satanist by Dennis Wheatley.

3. wrhapsody profile image58
    wrhapsodyposted 7 years ago

Hmmm... a really good fantasy I read was Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. No vampires, but tons of otherwise interesting and intriguing characters.

Ummm. if you haven't read the Twilight saga, despite the rage and the critisism, it is actually very well written (except the ending to the 4th on, I fear) and the books are WAAAAAy better than the movie.

The Eragon trilogy by Christopher Paolini is astonishingly well-writtten. No vampires there either but all are fast-paced and exciting reads.

4. Michael Durden profile image75
    Michael Durdenposted 7 years ago

Have you read Siddhartha by Herman Hesse?

Oh, wait, I didn't see the vampire and sexy part. Never mind that then. (Sexy vampires and mystical go together?).

5. Iontach profile image87
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all your suggestions guys! I reading up about these books online to see they make the cut. tongue

@ Michael Durden, well maybe mystical didn't go with the sexy vampires thing...i just couldn't think of a good word. lol

6. netslums profile image83
    netslumsposted 7 years ago

I don't know of any sexy, vampirey ones, but The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is a great mystical read. Of course. there's always my all time favorite, Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en. Be warned the book is broken into 4 parts, and will total at a little over 1,000 pages. Still, if you have the chance, it's a great read. It's the inspiration for the wildly popular anime Dragonball Z.

7. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 7 years ago

The chronicles of Amber, The white Dragon series, or the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy trilogy

8. Rusty C. Adore profile image96
    Rusty C. Adoreposted 7 years ago

I suggest George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" series. He is a fantastic writer and his stories are gripping! HBO is actually turning the first book into a TV series, so if you start reading it now you could be all caught up by the time the show airs! Unless you've already read it. In that case you already know how great he is. Happy reading!

No vampires though, sorry.

working