jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Im looking for a good book to read, any suggestions?

1. KNOWLEDGESEEKER79 profile image59
    KNOWLEDGESEEKER79posted 6 years ago

Im looking for a good book to read, any suggestions?

2. anusha15 profile image89
    anusha15posted 6 years ago

I recently read "Icecream Maker" by Subir Choudhry. A great book which highlights the significance of and advantageous consequences of striving for the best quality.

3. White Sapphire profile image58
    White Sapphireposted 6 years ago

Any book from the Dear America or Royal Diaries series would be an easy good read.  Dear America is a historical fiction series about immigrants coming to the US while the Royal Diaries are historical fiction about famous royals in history.  My favorite Royal Diaries book is Jahanara Princess of Princesses by Kathryn Lasky.

4. shellyakins profile image68
    shellyakinsposted 6 years ago

It really depends on what types of books you like to read.  The best books I've read in the last few years are The Help, The Hunger Games, Three Cups of Tea, Water for Elephants.

5. KNOWLEDGESEEKER79 profile image59
    KNOWLEDGESEEKER79posted 6 years ago

Wooow Shelly I have read three of the books tht you just listed and I realy enjoyed them...we must be kidered spirits...lol...Im check out Water for Elephants aand let you know how I like it.

6. sacredlilac profile image74
    sacredlilacposted 6 years ago

If you haven't read any of Malcolm Gladwell's books, I would recommend those. I loved "The tipping point" and "Blink".

Freakonomics is another interesting look at interesting statistics (but without the jargon!).

I also recently read "Secrets of great marriages" by Charlie and Linda Bloom. Even if you are not married, it has wonderful stories about what it takes to make and maintain great relationships.

"Al-Ghazali: The ninety-nine beautiful names of God" translated by David Burrell and Nazih Daher was also very good for many points to reflect on.

7. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 6 years ago

Depends what you're interested in. If you're into fiction (and you like music as well, esp. classical music), I've got some suggestions here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Music-in-Fictio … d-The-Ugly

If you're into science fiction and/or fantasy, I just created 2 hubs on these amazing authors who write both SF and fantasy, and picked out their best novels:

Happy reading!