jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is a good book to read?

1. georgetyler profile image60
    georgetylerposted 6 years ago

What is a good book to read?

I've read my whole kindle library and now I would like something else preferably educational- ish.

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I don't know what type of book or genre you want; fiction or non-fiction, etc. I suggest you find an author born between 1880 and 1930 and read one of their books. Most of authors born within those decades were great writers.

3. bloggernotjogger profile image58
    bloggernotjoggerposted 6 years ago

Fermat´s Enigma or Fermat´s Last Theorem by Simon Singh (Same book but appears under 2 different titles).

This is an excellent book that takes us through the more than 2000 year journey of the mathematical development required in order to solve a 300 year problem.

Written for the layperson in an engaging style.

If you like educational books, I can´t think of a better example.

4. Jeff Berndt profile image86
    Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking is a nice read, and a good primer on cosmology in layman's terms.

When you've finished that, if you found it interesting, try The Elegant Universe by Brian Green.

5. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Try....The Wheat Belly. (It's educational on the healthy size....might open your eyes a bit....it did mine).

6. Cara.R profile image75
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

This might seem daft but the Idiot's Guide ( I don't like the name)  are really great books. If you're looking for something educational- ish, these books cover just about everything.  You can read them from cover to cover or skip around. The Idiot's Guide Books, if anything, are a nice introduction to something new.

7. MickS profile image69
    MickSposted 6 years ago

1984,  Brave New World,  both fiction but will give a good basis for understanding the dirty side of power.

working