jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it worth trying a little bit of fiction on hubpages--or is a waste of time?

1. PaulStaley1 profile image75
    PaulStaley1posted 7 years ago

Is it worth trying a little bit of fiction on hubpages--or is a waste of time?

I am just starting to experiment with fiction and wonder if I should look for another source other then HubPages---or is it a good medium to give it a go?

2. windresistant profile image56
    windresistantposted 7 years ago

I was wondering this myself, actually. I thought maybe posting a short story or pieces of what I am writing to look for feedback would be cool, but I don't know. I'll be looking forward to seeing the answers as well.

3. TheSloneGal profile image59
    TheSloneGalposted 7 years ago

i think you should do any thing that you want to it is always worth it in my thoughts

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I don't know if fiction will make you any money.  HubPages seems to be geared more for non-fiction, how-to's etc.  But, the up side is that it gets people to read your writing, and if that is the goal--definitely post the fiction.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 7 years ago

In terms of making money, posting fiction on hubpages probably won't earn you much (if anything). The simple reality is that no one is searching for your writing, specifically. The articles that make money are ones that pop up when someone is looking for an answer to a question.

Having said that, I do think there are benefits to posting your material here. For example, if you seek out other writers, you can form a group for work shopping or feedback with a central location for your fiction to be viewed and commented on. You also have greater freedom to post in different genres or writing styles. HubPages won't refuse to publish anything because it's not your genre or style. For example, I post fictional how-to articles about supernatural creatures. It really opens up possibilities to write things you might not normally have written and allows you to connect with other like-minded writers.

6. shamani67 profile image60
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

I have just had my first piece of fiction published on Hubpages. It will be interesting to see who reads it. I am open to and welcome all points of view on my writing.
    I say just go for it. You have nothing to lose and may well get some great advice from other hubbers.

working