jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is a book that you loved that you feel should be turned into a movie...but

1. John Andrew profile image57
    John Andrewposted 6 years ago

What is a book that you loved that you feel should be turned into a movie...but has not yet?

Often, the books are usually better than the movies, but what is one book you would LOVE to see adapted onto the silver screen?

2. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. It's a story about a hostage situation and full of surprises.

3. flying_fish profile image76
    flying_fishposted 6 years ago

I watched "What The Bleep Do We Know!?" - a documentary-style narrative describing quantum physics and some of its loftier interpretations... Having an interest, I didn't find it terribly boring, but it certainly wasn't a typical story with a particular plot and everything...

In the same way, I think if they turned Robert M. Pirsig's "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" into a movie, (and if they managed to convey the book's difficult subject-matter adequately) it would be awesome enough to delight many quasi-intellectuals, and provide enough of a plot-line for others to follow as well...

4. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

"The Lion's Game"  by Nelson DeMille.  It has to do with a terrorist.

It is an absolutely awesome book.  One of the best I've ever read.

5. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

I can't tell you because I'm still working on the screenplay.

6. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

"Brains: A Zombie Memoir" would be an awesome movie.

7. WindMaestro profile image61
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

An amazing movie would be Red Storm Rising by renowned author Tom Clancy. The only reason I can think of as to why they haven't made a movie is that the plot is too outreaching. In the fact that I mean there are too many character and subplots, with a number of vast overlying plots. It would be a screenwriter/directors worst nightmare I suppose. With lots of funding required for the special effects and war materials. Perhaps an HBO series would suffice. smile

8. Tracy Lynn Conway profile image94
    Tracy Lynn Conwayposted 6 years ago

A children's book series called "Hank Zippzer" about a 4th grade boy growing up in NYC.  The stories are so funny and I think  would translate well into a movie.