jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Was the ''road'' frost had taken easy ''to travel''?

1. profile image47
    narayanpreet.posted 6 years ago

Was the ''road'' frost had taken easy ''to travel''?

2. SubRon7 profile image60
    SubRon7posted 6 years ago

I can only speak for the roads I've taken myself. Some have been narrow, bumpy, full of potholes, and some have had very deep and dangerous-looking ditches. Pray not to lose focus on some of those past roads. Other roads have been wide and smooth with wide Interstate ditches. But the forks in the roads ahead, those are the ones to deal with. Which fork do I/we take? Especially if there are no warning signposts. And that's the secret: We can take either fork in the road but it's what we do with our travels and the people we meet that counts.

3. juneaukid profile image78
    juneaukidposted 6 years ago

It was easy in one sense in that the choice of being a poet was inevitable for him, but having made that choice it was a rough road assuming that he could have always done a tad bit better.

4. JT Walters profile image77
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

Because the road in very event leads to death and what Frost does in between is mitigatable.  But every road leads to death.

5. Pintoman profile image60
    Pintomanposted 6 years ago

Speaking of the poem, and not reading into it that he was talking about being a poet, I would say it was not easy. That was why it was less traveled by. If things are easy, they aren't all that memorable, nor do you learn much from "easy." So I would say it was a tough road, and that's what made it so much better.