jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the greatest book ever written? Excluding religious books of all nature.

1. Juan Meza profile image59
    Juan Mezaposted 6 years ago

What is the greatest book ever written? Excluding religious books of all nature.

2. profile image0
    Chasukposted 6 years ago

There is no single greatest book ever written. There are a handful of books that are arguably the most influential, there are numerous books which have endured and become "classics," and then there are personal favorites.

3. Guanta profile image72
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

My personal favorite is "The Stand" by Stephen King.  It has an incredible way of describing the struggle between good and evil, told in a very good story.

4. dblyn profile image78
    dblynposted 6 years ago

I don't know about "Greatest" since that's really an opinion but among the most influential is the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.  It sets the standard and background for an entire genre of literary work that still stands to this day.

5. downpourofwords profile image41
    downpourofwordsposted 6 years ago

There may be many I havent read which are great books. However from the ones I have read, I Love Ayn Rand's "FountainHead" the most

6. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

If we are including novels in this question, then Wuthering Heights is my favorite. It just grabs you and spins you around, makes you cringe, cry and then it's over before you want it to be.

7. tlmcgaa70 profile image76
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

excluding the bible...my two all time favorite stories is Lord Of The Rings...and The Deed Of Paksenarrion

working