jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you wear a mask? When do you wear it and when do you take it off?

1. MalikShawn profile image61
    MalikShawnposted 6 years ago

Do you wear a mask? When do you wear it and when do you take it off?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5074459_f260.jpg

2. downpourofwords profile image40
    downpourofwordsposted 6 years ago

No I do not wear a mask, not an artificial one as well.

3. StephanieBCrosby profile image86
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 6 years ago

Absolutely. Hughes puts it best in his poem "We Wear the Mask." My masks switch as much as my diction when speaking to the different people I am around. For my parents it is one, my children another, when I teach yet another, and so on. This is not to say I am fake in any of these situations, just each one calls for the attitude, language, and persona that best fits.

4. CJ Andrews profile image87
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

I would have to say everyone wears a mask, if they didn't then they would be the same person at all times and never filter anything.  They wouldn't seek any acceptance etc.

I wear many different masks.  And this can be taken many different ways.  I wear the mask of a parent, teacher, construction worker, carpenter, writer, and anything else I do.
    I also wear a mask in regards to the society I am keeping at the time.  I act differently if I am at a social outing that requires me to wear a tux and another if I am looking at houses in a rough part of town.  If I am hiring a worker, or training someone - I wear different masks for whichever situation is best for it.

5. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

Unfortunately I have to wear a mask at work. Working in the hospitality industry you have to be proper and polite at all times. In reality that's not me, outside of work I'm goofy and fun and sarcastic.

6. pongogirl2 profile image77
    pongogirl2posted 6 years ago

If I had a mask I would wear it everytime I am embarrassed:)

working