jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When, where and with whom do you wear your mask?

1. agaglia profile image83
    agagliaposted 7 years ago

When, where and with whom do you wear your mask?

In my poem "You Choose", I note that most of us wear a mask for one reason or another.  I wondered if you could notice when/ where or with whom your mask is present.

2. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

It would be much easier to state who I DON'T wear my mask with. The only person I never wear it with is my husband, and there is a small handful of close friends who often get to see me without it (though sometimes still do). Everyone else...they don't need to see the real me, and I don't want them to see me because most will use the information to hurt me.

3. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 7 years ago

When I dont know the person and my sixth sense tells me that nothing is going to come of out this encounter, or when I know that what ever I speak will not be kept private or may be  just a first time with someone and I'm unsure of the person's character .

4. agaglia profile image83
    agagliaposted 7 years ago

I find that I wear my "professional" mask at work. I try to be open and very transparent, however, being kind means sometimes being more subtle than transparent.

5. Jason R. Manning profile image86
    Jason R. Manningposted 7 years ago

I wear my mask in corporate meetings with the senior managers.  This is really one of the few places I need to.  I have witnessed hyper overreaction to miss worded dissent leading to black listed career development.  People with whom you only see once to twice a year do not understand you or your background, so your body language and dialogue can be misconstrued, who can afford that?  Everyone else who sees me, hears from me, or reads me, knows what I am, where I am coming from and has the total picture.
    Good topic.

Closed to reply