jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why is touching the most basic forms of communication?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

Why is touching the most basic forms of communication?

and when is touching, really become too much , yesterday I was having a conversation with a patient relative, this person kept coming closer and closer to me ; and most of the time he kept touching me, I felt so easy...

2. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

I believe one answer to this question, is because it conveys or expresses the deepest feelings of an individual. Some people, particularly the elderly tend to feel more secure and at peace with someone, if they can be able to communicate to that individual by touching rather than talking. And besides at certain times and when the time is right, touching can be a lot more soothing and sensuous than just speaking to that person.

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

It is a way of expression your affection for that person. That touch comes out of love from one person to the other person and is transfer instantly in communication how a person feels about you when you are in their presence.

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Who says touching is the most basic. "VERBAL SPEECH"  is more basic and safer too.

5. Naomi's Banner profile image78
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

Touching is the most basic form of commication because of lack of verbal communication in the first portion of ones life.  You cannot speak to the child your soothing words so you touch them ever so gently to assure them everything is all right.  You communicate alot non verbally and physical touch says a lot more than any verbal or visual communication can say.
    If you are in a foreign country and someone I needing help you touch them to assure them that all is well and that you understand.

6. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

It is the most basic form of communication because it doesn't require you to speak the same language.  It's fine and well to say speaking, but that only works if you speak the same language, and the other person is old enough to have the same size vocabulary-babies and toddlers come to mind.  Helen Keller learned to communicate by signing sign language onher teacher's hand and vice versa.