jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can you become an interesting writer?

1. PiaC profile image60
    PiaCposted 6 years ago

How can you become an interesting writer?

What would be the top piece of advice you'd give someone who wants to be an interesting writer?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

Write about what your knowledgeable about and passionate about, or at the very least very interested in learning, because those are the causes where your real "voice" - the thing that makes you interesting smile - will shine.

You can always tell when a writer has tackled subjects they know nothing about or are not truly interested in.

3. Ben Graves profile image81
    Ben Gravesposted 6 years ago

I think experiencing life for what it is and all the things that come with yours and offering a unique perspective on those experiences is something that contributes to an interesting writer. The best writers can take the ordinary and make it extraordinary.

4. KateWest profile image76
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Seems like you already have some great answers here. Write what you know and live life so that you will get to know a great many things. But never stop learning and challenging yourself - your writing will reflect that evolution.

5. trecords0 profile image60
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

Observe interesting subjects and look at them from a skewed angle and describe the subject from that angle.  Use different literary devices to personally engage the reader without their knowing.  I invented one called RAP or remote audience participation.  Through the use of this device the reader is lead through a mental puzzle all the time trying to solve it.  It can be used in different variations with different effects surrounding it.  Conceptual continuity is another device to pique readers interests.  The thing is to invent many such devices and insert them into your writings and test to see what works or does not.  That's my advice.