jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your favorite time-saving writing trick?

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite time-saving writing trick?

Anything special you do that streamlines a complex process or makes you more efficient?  For me it's mind mapping complex subjects - it "adds time" to the prep process, but makes my writing go much faster.  What tricks do you use to streamline the writing process without losing quality?

2. SylviaSky profile image93
    SylviaSkyposted 6 years ago

I've found no way to streamline writing. It is one of the last entirely handcrafted processes on earth. No computer has yet been invented that can generate good content -- which is why there is such a thing as hubpages. But the main force behind every hub is inspiration, often sudden inspiration. That keeps me writing.

3. woodamarc profile image65
    woodamarcposted 6 years ago

I take long walks for cardio health. Since I walk 2-3 hours daily this provides topic concepts and the actual story is written and stored. When I'm ready to write, it all streams out and the story is written. I've never had writers block because of this technique.

4. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 6 years ago

Christin S.,

For me, the best time-saving trick is to forget about the idea for two or three days and come back to it. Chances are, you've been thinking about it somewhere in the background of your mind. Sometimes a fresh take is better than a grinding keep.

Hope this helps,