jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is Freedom always worth the price?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

Is Freedom always worth the price?

From the time I can remember, I always heard those words, "Freedom always come with a price, So where is this big Price?

2. nycgrl profile image57
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

We are looking at the big price now with all the issues we have going on in this country.  Awful recession has created even worse poverty, our education system is at an all time low, our politicians can't agree on anything, millions do not have access to adequate health care and we continue to fund useless wars on terror but have to live with the fear that terrorists can strike at any moment. So there's your price, its pretty big.

3. sam3m profile image61
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

the price is anything we have to do to keep our freedom, whether it be war, voting, supporting honest politicians.  what does the lack of freedom cost?

4. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

For those who don't have freedom perhaps there is no price that is too high. They are willing to fight whatever the cost maybe.

For people who do have at least the illusion of freedom we have to constantly ask ourselves what are we willing to pay. Personally for me, if I did not have freedom of choice, freedom of speech, freedom to choose the career and life I want, freedom to have the friends I want and so on, I don't think it would be a life worth living. I am therefore willing to pay a high price to keep all these things and more.

5. abrarr profile image60
    abrarrposted 6 years ago

actually we feed our fears..price is not given by us by will but our so-called leaders force us to pay so that oil-extracting companies have enough money to fill their fat bellies.

working