jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do I get a children's book published?

1. lmarsh1203 profile image61
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

How do I get a children's book published?

Is it better to submit it to a publishing house? How do I begin the process? Should I try to find independent financial assistance?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Here is a hub by Ryan Kett that you may find interesting and helpful
    http://ryankett.hubpages.com/hub/How-To … drens-Book

3. Betty Reid profile image61
    Betty Reidposted 6 years ago

I am part of a company that helps individuals publish books.  Then you keep all the royalties. 

Right now my HubPages is set up to not accept messages - I will have to figure that out ... more soon.

4. Imogen French profile image86
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

my friend had her children's book published by a self-publishing company - Authorhouse (www.authorhouse.co.uk)

they print on demand (so you don't have to pay for a big print run), sell on her behalf and she also sells it through Amazon

hope that gives you some ideas, and good luck with it : )

5. Billie Pagliolo profile image62
    Billie Paglioloposted 6 years ago

Imarsh, the fastest way is to self-publish an ebook.  You can do it in a week on Kindle if you have your images and text all ready!  Kindle Direct Publishing has some comments on formatting a children's book in its forum  at: http://207-171-168-158.amazon.com/kdpfo … dID=13875.  Same is true with Nook.  It's harder to get into the Applestore for the ipad, so I went to bookbaby.com for help with that conversion.  The downside of not going to a publishing house is that you have to do all the promotion, marketing, selling, etc. by yourself.  I sell about 5 of my children's ebook a month for Kindle, Nook, iPad, combined by doing nothing.  For me, it's having it out there that's important right now.  The only way a publishing company will pick up an ebook, from my understanding, is if your book skyrockets in the ebook market.  They'll jump onto that bandwagon and create tangible copies.

6. Billie Pagliolo profile image62
    Billie Paglioloposted 6 years ago

Yes you can, even if you don't draw!  Steps to publish for Kindle, Nook, iPad; how to submit manuscripts of children's books to traditional publishers;  positives and negatives of various formats. FUN read more