jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

Write for passion or write to earn?

1. Nelma profile image60
    Nelmaposted 6 years ago

Write for passion or write to earn?

2. TheWhisper profile image59
    TheWhisperposted 6 years ago

At first I came to hubpages hoping to earn, but as time went on passion took over and now I work for passion and earns will come later.

3. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I love to write here on hubpages. Writing is a passion of mine, but one day I hope that I will be able to write for a living. I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go though.

4. nabeelplus profile image58
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

I have always written for my passion, i feel that if i dont write on regular basis the writer inside me will not make me settle

5. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Passion.  I love to give my opinion.

6. HERBCYCLOPEDIA profile image59
    HERBCYCLOPEDIAposted 6 years ago

If it's not for passion you won't last longer, it's almost impossible to keep on writing if you don't like it.

7. LeeLeePortCity profile image61
    LeeLeePortCityposted 6 years ago

passion for sure. Getting paid would be a plus but i started writing because it is what i love to do, and i will continue to write even if I never make a dime from it!

8. stclairjack profile image84
    stclairjackposted 6 years ago

better be about the passion,.... cuz if it were bout the money,... i'd be sorely dissapointed! ha!

9. InspiredHippy profile image77
    InspiredHippyposted 6 years ago

Hello fellow hubbers...Passion is a given when it comes to writing.  It is as necessary as breathing to me. 
    I came to hub to learn to earn.  I am so grateful I did!  I now have a job writing.  This has come to pass because I got my writing online.  I will be getting back to hubs to continue to learn to earn as soon as my life slows down a bit. 
    I love hubpages and am very grateful I found it!  God Bless, Becky Jo aka Inspired Hippy

10. Phil Plasma profile image76
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

I write because it is all I am.  Earning is extra.

11. stuff4you profile image64
    stuff4youposted 6 years ago

I write to earn. that's the way it needs to be for me

12. justfortoday profile image75
    justfortodayposted 6 years ago

I write because it's a passion. I am an addiction counselor and am very passionate about providing knowledge that may help someone. I believe the slogan "Each one, teach one"...

13. funmontrealgirl profile image63
    funmontrealgirlposted 6 years ago

For passion coz it will be more meaningful and i can easily write if it comes from within than financial motive

14. flagostomos profile image85
    flagostomosposted 6 years ago

Passion for me, for sure. Ever since I can remember I would sit at my dad's computer and just write up these stupid little stories on his computer. I probably wrote hundreds of short stories. Nobody ever read them, they were just a creative outlet for me. If I could ever get to the point where I could make money from my writing, that would be awesome.

15. tlpoague profile image86
    tlpoagueposted 6 years ago

It is all about the passion for me. Making money is just an added bonus.

16. seicheprey profile image61
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Both, for me at least.  I have the stories and poems that I'm passionate about, then the articles that I feel I can speak competently on and earn a little bit of money from.