jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

A question regarding Literary Contests...

1. ThoughtSandwiches profile image79
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

A question regarding Literary Contests...

Hello all...many contests indicate that (prior publication) is not allowed on submissions, although they do accept 'multiple submissions'.  Does publication on Hubpages apply to the former or the latter?  In your opinions...I mean...really...yes...I pushed the 'publish' button...but it is not as if I have made any money...Anywho...should you have the time...please give me your thoughts.  Thanks.

2. profile image0
    Stephanie Moultonposted 6 years ago

For a completely accurate answer, you would probably need to contact the submissions editor and ask.  In general, though, self-publishing on a blog doesn't count towards this particular guideline.

3. shyprn14 profile image64
    shyprn14posted 6 years ago

My understanding,is that when you hit,the publish button;or key pad.
    It goes before the,editors,first.And if the hub team of editors;think everything is kosher.Then and then does it get,really published.Because you are a sub contractor,hence sub domain name.And they get thirty percent of your earnings.
    And you get seventy percent,of your earnings.As well as;you have to have,traffic,and followers to get some earnings.
    Does this help any?
    shyprn14

4. LABrashear profile image61
    LABrashearposted 6 years ago

Are you referring to a contest that might be running in a magazine or one posted on the internet?  If so, I'm curious as well.  Also, if you submit it to the contest first, then put on HubPages, does that cause issue?

5. ThoughtSandwiches profile image79
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

LABrasher, shyprn14, and Stephanie Moulton

I apologize...I straight forgot I had asked this question a month ago.  The perils of too much coffee and the ability to randomly ask questions at all hours of the night.  I apologize, again....because it's cheaper than paying you money for my rudeness.  Thank you kindly for the feedback!

working