jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do I change a poem when it is wrong? Will they just delete it so I can write

1. clara kish@yahoo. profile image69
    clara kish@yahoo.posted 6 years ago

How do I change a poem when it is wrong? Will they just delete it so I can write it again or what?

I was writing a poem last night and they told me it was in violation and I would have to change it.What do I do? Can it be deleted  and still have the same title so I can write it again? The computer was so messed up last night I don't know what happened to it.Who do I have to ask about it?

2. missolive profile image96
    missoliveposted 6 years ago

click the edit button and click unpublish - you can work on it and re-publish when ready

Let me be a bit more specific
    -go to your accounts page
    -find the hub, it should be on your list with a pink boxed shadow around it
    -click it and edit, view the red hyperlink at the top to see what the "violation" is
    -correct what is need and then click publish - HubPages will evaluate and re-publish if corrected. No need to delete unless you want to completely start over.

3. MissJamieD profile image71
    MissJamieDposted 6 years ago

This has happened to me before, they should be specific with you about what needs to be changed, then you just go to your hub, click on edit at the top of the hub and fix what you need. No need to delete entire thing unless HP tells you otherwise;) I hope that helps! Good luck!

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

You can publish it and delete it immediately, but the title may not be used until 24 hours later. You can email team hub pages and ask them to delete it for you and ask to be able to use the title immediately.

5. Hyphenbird profile image91
    Hyphenbirdposted 6 years ago

The others have given the same advice I would, edit and change the poem. But I do not understand that "it disappeared." Were you writing it in the text capsule itself? I strongly advise people never to do that. If something goes wrong all that hard work is lost. It is odd for a poem to be in violation anyway. I looked at your profile and your work is very spiritual. I hope you get it all fixed. Have a great day.

6. mactavers profile image90
    mactaversposted 6 years ago

I wrote a Hub Titled What Makes a Chili Pepper Hot  and got a notice that it was in voilation.  If the Hub doesn't contain offensive language or content, sometime filters pick up certain words and the Hub police will remove the violation. If this is the case, you can protest.   As mentioned, you can unpublish and then republish removing the offending portions if you need to.