How is the "Score" per entry determined on HubPages?

1. NickOlig17 profile image57
    NickOlig17posted 6 years ago

How is the "Score" per entry determined on HubPages?

Also, if you want to read my stuff, I'm cool with that.

2. jblais1122@aol profile image77
    jblais1122@aolposted 6 years ago

It would seem to me that scores per entry are measured first on content, secondly by reaction and feedback.  I have never really been too focused on scores.  I write about what interests me and try to do it in a way that can be informative or entertaining. I do not dwell on the topic too much. 
    Why does one hub I have written stay at the bottom and another stay at the top? It seems all a matter of traffic if I look at pure statistics.  If I look too deep I might want to change the way I write.  I'm not so sure I would want to do that.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

I think it might also be a matter of how much stuff, that is number of Hubs, you have on the site.   My writing would be roughly the same 'quality-wise' now as when I started two years ago.   I used to be in the 80s, now I'm up above 90 most of the time - at time of writing 97.   The fact that I have 222 Hubs posted and around 35 people a day coming in for a peek  (based on 16,000 plus viewing over two years) would have to have an influence.

So, keep writing Hubs if you enjoy doing so.  Don't expect to get any worthwhile financial returns for it, though.   For I'm pretty well convinced that out of 100 hits you'd be luck to get more than one or two would actually click on an advertisement.