jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite season to write in, and why?

1. ytsenoh profile image86
    ytsenohposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite season to write in, and why?

2. VeronicaFarkas profile image83
    VeronicaFarkasposted 6 years ago

Oh, undoubtedly fall... the colors, smells, tastes, sports, school, kids, change of major seasons, etc.

3. abradford55 profile image61
    abradford55posted 6 years ago

It is by far Fall. Theres just something that surounds it that continues inspires me.

4. Erin LeFey profile image79
    Erin LeFeyposted 6 years ago

I write differently in every season, and find that I'm productive in a completely different way in every season - this is a very interesting question ytsenoh! The season in which I love to write the most and I love most of my writing is late fall. I think it has a darker and richer tone. Thanks for asking, wishing you all the best!

5. nasake profile image61
    nasakeposted 6 years ago

Autumn! hands down, my favourite part of the year in regards to all aspects of life.

6. TToombs08 profile image75
    TToombs08posted 6 years ago

I find that I do most of my writing in the winter. The rest of the year, if it's even remotely decent outside, I'm out enjoying the day. I'm not a winter person, I don't like being cold, so I find things to keep myself occupied in winter: reading, writing, trying to find ways to drag my family to warmer climates, dreaming about the beach, etc. yikes) Nice thought inducing question, ytsenoh!

7. ytsenoh profile image86
    ytsenohposted 6 years ago

I think winter is the best season to write in for selfish reasons.  I, too, do not like cold weather.  I like the rebirth of things, that's why I like spring and summer.  While I can write in any season, turning the depressing effects of a cold season into a productive writing path is a great experience.

8. robyna profile image59
    robynaposted 6 years ago

Yes, I vote for winter, too. I guess it depends on where you live...but in Michigan where I live you've got to find indoor activities to keep you entertained or you'll pretty much lose your mind. big_smile  Summer is so short here, if you can get out we all do. But about now (late October), we all start packing up for a long winter. I know it will be about 6 or 7 months of great writing time for me! smile

9. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Before, your question was presented, I had not really ever thought of it!

But now, that I reflect........it is the doom or darkness of winter, or of soul , that I write the most.   Years ago, I did realize that I wrote more in pain, than I did in joy.

In the spring, I am in the "busy" of setting plants, planting seeds, hoping for the next tomorrow.   I am busy, planting, tending, growing, reaping......

It is in the darkness of winter, or of soul, than I wish to convey,  my link to humanity.  I wish to share, recall, bring thougths and memories to the light of day.

I am a child of dark soul, who blossoms in the light of day,

Thanks to you.........for have given me a piece, missing from the puzzle of me.

Because of reflecting upon your  question, I understand, myself, just a bit better.   Thank you.

working