jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What spelling or grammar errors do you see most often?

1. Chasing Riley profile image82
    Chasing Rileyposted 6 years ago

What spelling or grammar errors do you see most often?

It has always bothered me when I see someone write alot instead of a lot. What errors do you see regularly?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

Writes not using paragraphs. Titles are being written in small letters, (all in small letters). I think the title error is because that is the way they see it on the Google keword tool. First word of sentences not capitaliize. The word I is wrtten as i. The first word of each sentence is not capitalized. Every basic rule of grammar and punctuation rule is broken.  The idocy of this is that these are the hubs that get the high score when they are first published.

3. Billrrrr profile image81
    Billrrrrposted 6 years ago

Sad to say many articles are rife with sloppy errors such as 'their' for 'there', 'site' for 'sight' and vice versa.  Misspellings are as common as winter snow in Bangor, Maine. 

Sadder still is that these errors go undetected and seem not to count against the author in the scores. 

To answer this question I selected a random hub from a hubber with a score of 93 and lots of articles and followers.  It took only two paragraphs to get to his/her first misspelling.  Here's the word, "querries ".  The word is properly spelled "Queries".

If such writers had ever worked in journalism in the days when newspapers had editors; they would quickly have learned to spell or find new employment.

4. HarryMcG profile image73
    HarryMcGposted 6 years ago

I see there, their and they're used in incorrectly all the time. Weather, and whether pop up far too often as well. The main grammar error I see and have been guilty of using due to sloppiness are sentences that are too long and minimal use of commas to break sentences up.

5. goego profile image81
    goegoposted 6 years ago

shitty ones, all over the place, wait do I have egg on my face, sorry I wrote this in the wrong place

6. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I'd have to say the most common errors are literacy in general.  If I had to pick something that really bothers me, though, it's when people add an apostrophe "s" to make words plural.

If you're interesting in learning more about grammar, I've written quite a few hubs on the topic.  Find them here:  http://faceless39.hubpages.com/  smile

7. DrivingPeace profile image84
    DrivingPeaceposted 5 years ago

Your vs you're

Their vs there vs they're

Its vs it's

Incorrect use of possession: women's vs womens'