jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What makes a good author?

1. Rai 18 profile image61
    Rai 18posted 6 years ago

What makes a good author?

How do you define a good author?  Is it their writing style, the content, etc?

2. OFlannagain profile image59
    OFlannagainposted 6 years ago

I believe that technical proficiency alone is not enough. A good author should be able to make the reader lose themselves in the work. Words on a page should flow with passion, zest and lead the readers eyes to the conclusion, logical, or otherwise.

My 5 Dirhams worth.

AJ sends

3. nicregi profile image79
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

Good author for me is a person who is able to write great content quality, while able to captivate and maintain high level of followers. In simple words of course smile

4. Dennis AuBuchon profile image84
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 6 years ago

I define a good author is one that does not take credit for something he/she did not write.  A good author is also one whose content is well structured, interesting and the quality of the content projects the passion on the topic or story being written.

5. thatch2 profile image80
    thatch2posted 6 years ago

A good author lives and breathes letters. A good author is always writing. Not just major works but editorials and other small works. And a good author has a good relationship with as many editors and fellow writers as possible.

6. jainismus profile image70
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

The author who writes in such a way that the readers like to read from start to end without stop.

7. Senoritaa profile image70
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

I believe a lot of qualities make a good author. The top ones according to me are perception, strong hold on a language, analytical skills, and a lot of good reading.

8. Daniella Lopez profile image93
    Daniella Lopezposted 6 years ago

A good writer is someone who is able to stir emotions and make you think. Also, being able to write well is a great perk!