jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can your bad Grammar be catchy?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

Can your bad Grammar be catchy?

Can your bad Grammar be catchy? a friend of mine(so I thought) said that my bad grammar is catchy like a flu bug.(smile

2. Steve Orion profile image77
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

Oh, I thought you meant in the way where people start to like it lol. Yes, I sometime feel my intelligence falling around some people, and bad grammar can, indeed, be "catchy."

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Oh yes. So many times do I go around my friends and catch their language. Also their made up words!

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

In the written form, bad grammar is only contagious to people who already have bad grammar. So, the answer is no. But verbal bad grammar is contagious. Prove your friend wrong by reading some classic English literature and turning off the tv for a week.

5. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

Sadly; proper language and speaking, as well as writing, are falling fast.
    Many like to say that it is evolving but the truth is that very few schools are putting enough weight in English.
    They say it is PC to allow poor children to speak poorly without being called on it because being corrected might hurt their self esteem.
    The truth is that letting them do it is hurting their future. You may get away with bad grammar and poor speaking habits growing up, but you will be measured by them later on.
    I suggest correcting your poor grammar rather than waiting to see of it catches on.

working